News For You

Savage Attack In D.C. Forces Response From Sen. Rand Paul

This past Monday, Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) spoke out about an incident in which one of his staffers was brutally beaten while in Washington, D.C. this past weekend.

The employee, who has not yet been identified by Paul,  is reportedly recovering and a suspect in the attack has already been arrested, the legislator stated in a release.

“This past weekend a member of my staff was brutally attacked in broad daylight in Washington, D.C.,” stated Paul.

“I ask you to join Kelley and me in praying for a speedy and complete recovery, and thanking the first responders, hospital staff, and police for their diligent actions,” continued Paul, making referring to his wife.

“We are relieved to hear the suspect has been arrested. At this time we would ask for privacy so everyone can focus on healing and recovery,” Paul finished.

Reporters have stated that they were able to officially confirm that the employee was the very same person who D.C. police claim was attacked while on H Street NE this past Saturday.

The Metropolitan Police Department explained that the victim, who is an adult male, was stabbed a number of times and treated at a hospital for life-threatening injuries. Court documents explain that the victim told a detective at the hospital that he did not know the suspect nor did the suspect offer up any kind of demands prior to the attack.

This past Monday, a news release from police officials stated that a suspect, identified as 42-year-old Glynn Neal of Southeast D.C., was arrested and charged with Assault with Intent to Kill (Knife).

Officers spoke with one witness who stated that he, and the victim, were walking eastbound on the 1300 block of H Street NE this past Saturday evening when the suspect “popped” out of a corner and quickly stabbed the victim a shocking number of times before departing, according to a police report.

Police stated that one witness tackled the suspect to the dirt, after which the witness and victim ran away and were able to get another person to call in police responders. This person watched the victim “on the ground bleeding from the head” and assisted in dealing with the wounds while waiting for first responders, explained the police report.

Area detectives were able to track down and take into custody this past Sunday by using a cell phone recovered at the scene of the attack, according to an affidavit. A preliminary hearing is slated to take place on Thursday.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top
$(".comment-click-2270").on("click", function(){ $(".com-click-id-2270").show(); $(".disqus-thread-2270").show(); $(".com-but-2270").hide(); }); // The slider being synced must be initialized first $('.post-gallery-bot').flexslider({ animation: "slide", controlNav: false, animationLoop: true, slideshow: false, itemWidth: 80, itemMargin: 10, asNavFor: '.post-gallery-top' }); $('.post-gallery-top').flexslider({ animation: "fade", controlNav: false, animationLoop: true, slideshow: false, prevText: "<", nextText: ">", sync: ".post-gallery-bot" }); });