Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) issued a letter out to Pfizer this past week in which he demanded answers after a massive undercover sting video was made public by Project Veritas this past week which allegedly showed one official at the company claiming that it was taking part in highly controversial research in relation to vaccines.
The video, which is roughly ten minutes long and managed to climb all the way up to close to 20 million views, highlights a man that has been identified as Jordon Trishton Walker who works as Pfizer’s director of research and development, strategic operations – mRNA scientific planner, making the claim that the company is “exploring” was to “mutate” the deadly coronaviruses in order to “create — preemptively develop new vaccines.”
“If we’re gonna do that though, there’s a risk of like, as you could imagine — no one wants to be having a pharma company mutating f***ing viruses,” he stated. “Don’t tell anyone. Promise you won’t tell anyone. The way it [the experiment] would work is that we put the virus in monkeys, and we successively cause them to keep infecting each other, and we collect serial samples from them.”
“You have to be very controlled to make sure that this virus [COVID] that you mutate doesn’t create something that just goes everywhere,” he went on. “Which, I suspect, is the way that the virus started in Wuhan, to be honest. It makes no sense that this virus popped out of nowhere. It’s bulls***.”
Sen. Rubio issued his own response to the allegations in the video by sending out a letter to the chief executive officer and chairman of Pfizer Inc., Dr. Albert Bourla.
“I write in response to troubling reports on Pfizer’s intention to mutate the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID) virus through gain-of-function, or ‘directed evolution,’ as detailed by Pfizer Director of Research and Development, Jordan Walker,” expressed Rubio in his letter. “As has been proven time and time again, attempts to mutate a virus, particularly one as potent as COVID, are dangerous. If the claims detailed in the video are true, Pfizer has put its desire for profit over the concern of national and global health and must hold itself accountable.”
“In a video released by Project Veritas on January 25, 2023, Mr. Walker laid out Pfizer’s plans to develop new vaccines for future variants of COVID by mutating the virus through directed evolution, a process that uses protein engineering to impose natural selection on a living organism or other biological materials, including viruses,” the letter concluded. “Though he claimed the research is currently ‘exploratory,’ he detailed how the research would proceed, such as how scientists would inject the mutated viruses into monkeys and collect serial samples from other monkeys who are infected.”
The questions demanded of Pfizer include:
- What efforts is Pfizer currently, or planning to, engage in to mutate the SARS-CoV-2 virus?
- Does Pfizer intend to continue mutating the SARS-CoV-2 virus through gain-of-function, or directed evolution research, with the purpose of creating new vaccines before the variant is present in the greater population?
- Has Pfizer engaged with federal officials engaged regarding their plans to oversee this research? Please provide the names and agencies for these individuals.
- What steps has Pfizer taken to ensure the mutated virus does not leak from the laboratory and infect the greater population?
- Has Pfizer engaged with other biopharmaceutical companies to collaborate on this research effort? Please list the entities that you have been in contact with.
- Will you commit to halting any future research that mutates the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine as substantial evidence has indicated that similar dangerous research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology very likely led to the initial emergence and global spread of the virus?