News For You

Court Order Mandates That Video Footage Of Paul Pelosi Assault Must Go Public

A judge from a court in San Francisco has issued an order for the police body came footage in relation to the attack against Paul Pelosi which took place back in October be released.

This ruling was issued in the wake of an alliance of news outlets filing a motion to see the footage released back on the 11th of January. This alliance included outlets such as The New York Times, The Washington Post, and Fox News.

“[T]he public and press have standing to assert their rights of access to court records and proceedings,” the coalition made the argument as part of its recent filing.

The body cam footage was reportedly utilized in court back in December and showed an assailant striking Pelosi with a hammer.

As the husband to former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Paul was assaulted back on the 28th of October by a nudist activist who smashed his way into the Pelosi residence with the intent to kidnap the then-House Speaker, explained prosecutors as part of a hearing that was pretrial. The activist who successfully identified as 42-year-old David DePape, went after Paul Pelosi because he could not locate the man’s wife, his true target.

DePape chose to plead not guilty on all charges, which include a series of both federal and state charges. He is slated to make an appearance in state court on February 23rd to set a true date for his trial. He is being currently held in prison with no bail.

Authorities explained the police officials for San Francisco made their way into the Pelosi home at roughly 2:30 a.m. local time on the night of the assault, then spotted the assailant “violently assault” the speaker’s husband, explained a police official.

In the wake of the attack, Pelosi was rushed to an area hospital where he was put directly into a “successful surgery to repair a skull fracture and serious injuries to his right arm and hands,” stated a spokesman for Nancy Pelosi at the time.

DePape smashed his way into the home screaming “Where’s Nancy?” explained an affidavit given to the court.

DePape explained the first responders on the scene that he was sick of the “level of lies” coming from politicians all over Washington, D.C., and “came here to have a little chat with [Paul Pelosi’s] wife.”

“I didn’t really want to hurt him, but you know this was a suicide mission. I’m not going to stand here and do nothing even if it cost me my life,” stated DePape, as read from the filing.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top
$(".comment-click-1923").on("click", function(){ $(".com-click-id-1923").show(); $(".disqus-thread-1923").show(); $(".com-but-1923").hide(); }); // The slider being synced must be initialized first $('.post-gallery-bot').flexslider({ animation: "slide", controlNav: false, animationLoop: true, slideshow: false, itemWidth: 80, itemMargin: 10, asNavFor: '.post-gallery-top' }); $('.post-gallery-top').flexslider({ animation: "fade", controlNav: false, animationLoop: true, slideshow: false, prevText: "<", nextText: ">", sync: ".post-gallery-bot" }); });